Screen Sharing to Windows (was Re: [X-Unix] SSH and GUI apps)

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Dec 18 11:22:11 PST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007, at 11:21 AM, TjL wrote:

> Since this is sorta thread-hijacking I figured I should start a new
> one.
>
> Is it possible to
>
> a) screen share from 10.5 to a Windows XP machine via VNC over ssh?
> Anyone done this?  I've got a few Winboxen that I have to look after.

To do that, you'd need an SSH server set up to accept the connection.
I do this very thing to administer Windows and Linux desktops at the
office from home with ssh and some fancy port forwarding on our
firewall.

> b) If I setup Bonjour on Windows, will those machines show up on the
> Screen Sharing list ? (assuming you've enabled them as mentioned at
>
> http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071030092325625

I haven't tried that.  If it works, let me know!

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks