[X-Unix] Re:Mac OS X 10.4 NFS client + automounter configuration/setup

Kevin Stevens groups at pursued-with.net
Wed Oct 17 13:45:45 PDT 2007

> Jerry Kemp a écrit :
>> I am preparing to configure a number of OS X NFS + automounter clients
>> to Sun Solaris servers.
>>
>> It's been a while since I needed to do this, primarily around the 10.1
>> to 10.2 time period.  I have been doing some RTFM'ing, and most of the
>> online documentation I have come across is from the same time period.  I
>> also had the following email (below) in my archives.
>>
>> I am curious if anyone else on the list is doing similar things, and if
>> things have changed much from the 10.1/10.2 time period.  I know last
>> time I spent a lot of time with Netinfo/niutil .
>>
>> TIA for any comments,
>>
>> Jerry
>>
> I am actually wondering the very same thing, any good documentation
> around regarding the use of automounter? I'd be immensely grateful, I
> can't seem to come accross anything modern...

I use an NFS export on my OS X server, with a matching mount on my OS X
laptop as a general data storage repository, including iTunes library.  I
never had any of the issues described, but mine's been in place since at
least 10.2.  I can recap my setup if desired, but it's still based on old
documentation.

KeS