[X-Unix] How make launchd stop trying to launch nonexistent program?

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Wed Apr 16 21:12:23 PDT 2008

On 2008 Apr, 16, at 20:12, Eric F Crist wrote:

> Sighup the launchd process maybe.

I typed into Terminal "kill -1 1" since HUP is signal 1 and launchd's
pid=1.  Did not help.

> If that doesn't help, restart the daemon entirely.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I tried "kill -9 1".  Also did not
help.  I think maybe launchd ignored the signal since after doing this
it was still running and still had the same pid=1.

> I'll look more into it if you don't have a solution by tomorrow
> morning.

Didn't find anything yet.  I'm going to bed soon myself.

Thanks Eric,

Jerry