[X-Unix] How make launchd stop trying to launch nonexistent program?

Alexandre Gauthier alex at underwares.org
Thu Apr 17 06:46:40 PDT 2008

Le jeudi 17 avril 2008 à 06:02 -0700, Jerry Krinock a écrit :
> On 2008 Apr, 17, at 5:46, Graham Perrin wrote:
>
> > Lingon <http://lingon.sourceforge.net/>, maybe?
>
> Thanks but, no that seems to be for creating launchd configuration
> plists, which I already have.  I did try ^removing^ the launchd
> configuration plist for this nonexisting program, but, not
> surprisingly, that did not stop the repeated attempts to launch it.

Have you tried 'launchctl remove' to remove the plist? This usually also stops the job and process.
Have you also tried refering to the process as "com.example.BetterAuthorizationSample" instead of the hexadecimal name?

--
Alexandre Gauthier - Network Analyst / Analyste Réseau

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is
overhead for the operating system.