[X-Unix] Looking for lc(1) source code

Alexandre Gauthier alex at underwares.org
Wed Feb 20 06:21:28 PST 2008

Robar Philip wrote:

> lc(1) is an ls(1) like command which sorts by file type. (MKS Software
> ships a version with their UNIX toolkit.) I used to have the source
> for a free version can't find it now and I was unable to find it via
> Google. Does anyone out there have a pointer?
>
> Thanks
> Phil

Not an immediate answer to your question but GNU ls (available through
macports or fink) has this sort option:

--sort=WORD
extension -X, none -U, size -S, time -t, version -v, status -c,
time -t, atime -u, access -u, use -u

So, technically, you could use `ls -X` to accomplish that.

You could alias lc to ls -laX to obtain roughly the same behaviour...

Hope this helps!

--
Alexandre Gauthier
Network Analyst / Analyste Reseau