[X-Unix] sudo -s behavior changed in 10.5?

Phillip Burk philburk at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 07:16:55 PST 2008

On Feb 21, 2008, at 9:47 AM, Eric F Crist wrote:

> It may be something in your setup - it works fine for me.

OK, then, which files should I be checking?  The only ones associated
with the shell (bash) environment that I know of are /etc/profile, /
etc/bashrc, /etc/sudoers and /etc/environment.  /etc/environment
doesn't exist and editing the others seems to have no effect whatsoever.

It's definitely a puzzle and it affects both the imaged 10.5.2
machines at my office as well as my personal 10.5.2 Mac Book Pro that
was not imaged but rather manually installed.