[X-Unix] using rsync to automatically backup home directories (was RE: rsync help)

Craig Hoffman choffman at eclimb.net
Thu Jan 24 11:10:18 PST 2008

This is strange...  It looks like the files are being moved.  But
there invisible.  If I use Transmit and choose the network drive and
select "Show Invisible Files", they appear.

For a test I dragged a file over using the Finder and it appears.
Somehow using rsync is making them invisible.

I'm using this:
rsync -av /Volumes/Twilight/Music/ /Volumes/teakettle/Music

Any ideas?

The drive is a LaCle Ethernet Big Disk, formated XFS

Craig Hoffman
iChat / AIM: m0untaind0g