[X-Unix] using rsync to automatically backup home directories (was RE: rsync help)

Craig Hoffman choffman at eclimb.net
Thu Jan 24 17:04:37 PST 2008

Follow up -- Well, I could not figure out why rsync was producing
invisible files when being transfered from an internal drive (other
than OS drive) to a network drive.  I even tried downloading arRsync,
a GUI rsync app.  Even with that, it was producing invisible files.
The work around solution was to download Deja Vu, a backup app, which
by the way has been updated for Leopard.  It allows me to backup to a
network drive, set a schedule and so forth.   This will work for the
mean time...
Craig Hoffman
iChat / AIM: m0untaind0g