[X-Unix] Sending mail from the commandline?

TjL luomat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 17:05:43 PST 2008

On 1/25/08, Kevin Stevens <groups at pursued-with.net> wrote:

> On Jan 25, 2008, at 15:47, TjL wrote:
>
> > What's the easiest way to setup my iMac running 10.5.1 so that I can
> > send mail from the commandline, ala
> >
> >           cat "Hello World" |Mail -s "Test" luomat at gmail.com
> >
> > I'm really hoping that I don't have to go through and configure
> > sendmail just for this!
>
> man mail

Um, was that supposed to be helpful?

I know the command, I don't know what you're suggesting, so it ends up
being a waste of time.

It also doesn't answer the question I asked.  It's not so much as the
command to use as to "How to get it off my iMac and onto the
internet."  Perhaps that was my fault for not being clear.  Messages
sent using the command I sent gives no error message but the message
doesn't ever show up at my GMail account.

TjL