[X-Unix] using rsync to automatically backup home directories (was RE: rsync help)

Craig Hoffman choffman at eclimb.net
Sat Jan 26 06:54:51 PST 2008

Yes.  Try to transferring a file via rsync from a Firewire / USB drive
or a internal drive (other than your OS drive) to a network drive or
another Firewire / USB drive.   I tried it on a MacPro and a MacBook,
both machines gave me the same results.  However, if you rysnc a file
from your OS drive or your Desktop, it works fine -- files appear and
so forth.   I have a hunch Time Machine had something to do with this.
Who knows...
Craig Hoffman
iChat / AIM: m0untaind0g