[X-Unix] Help with BBEdit Grep find and replace

Nick Scalise nickscalise at cox.net
Thu Jan 31 13:32:54 PST 2008

Hello,

I posted to this list long ago about some help with grep and I am coming back to the well one more time as the help was excellent last time.

I have some report files that need to be updated and the second line needs to be changed to be similar to the first line:

ServerName=Cobra
LogFilePath=file:///d:\webtrendslogs\cobra\E0182201\W3SVC1822\*.log
LogFileUsername=
LogFilePassword=
ServerName2=Corvette
LogFilePath2=file:///d:\Webtrendslogs\corvette\e0182201\W3SVC1823\*.log

What I am looking for is the line that begins with LogFilePath2 to be made to be similar to the line that begins with LogFilePath. In the example above the only differences is the machine name (cobra/corvette and the w3svc182x)

I want the w3svc182x number to change but not the machine name.

I will be using BBEdit for this (version 8.7.2 (260))

Can anyone provide assistance for me?

TIA
--
Nick Scalise