[X-Unix] shell script to determine 1st business day of month ?

ecrist at secure-computing.net ecrist at secure-computing.net
Wed May 7 09:31:10 PDT 2008

On Wed, 7 May 2008 10:40:11 -0500, Russell McGaha <RussellMcGaha at mac.com>
wrote:
> Folks;
> 	Do any of you know of a script callable from BASH, that will / can
> say if today (or a given date) is the first business day of the month??

Russell,

It wouldn't be too difficult to write a simply shell script to figure this
out for yourself.  Something like a loop, foreach $day do; $day == $day++;
if $dayofweek != (Saturday|Sunday) then echo "first business day".

Note, my syntax is incorrect above, but you should get the general idea.

Eric Crist