[X-Unix] compiling php

Alexandre Gauthier alex at underwares.org
Tue May 27 10:29:22 PDT 2008

----- 8<-snip--snip-8<------
> That file, in it's entirety, is a good read for configuring PHP.
> You'll need to make sure your module gets loaded in the correct
> location, as well as adding the appropriate extension=foo line.

To further complete what Eric said, I'd like to mention that you need to
comment out the line defining extension_dir as "./" in php.ini, by adding a
semicolon in front of it.

Then, simply add the name of the module which I assume you compiled by
running phpize in the module directory, and then installed with make
install. (most likely pgsql.o)

You may then restart apache running 'sudo apachectl restart'.

I just added GD2 support to the default Apple PHP install, and it worked
fine.

'phpize' should work out the details for you, such as the module location.

Hope this help.