[X-Unix] Urgent question about accidentally deleted files

Aaron aaron at macuser.fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 5 04:00:32 PDT 2008

>From: "Eric F Crist" <ecrist at secure-computing.net>
>Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 00:23:50 +0000
>
>You can ignore them all. They will be recreated as needed.

After my initial panic wore off, I decided to copy .login and .tcshrc from my old Tiger home directory (on another disk), since I didn't want to have to re-create all my aliases, etc. Also, I figured that anything in the Tiger home directory that wouldn't clobber anything in my Leopard home directory was safe to copy, although probably useless.

 - Aaron

P.S. It's not only hard to teach an old dog NEW tricks. This old dog is struggling to relearn OLD tricks that he gradually forgot after being seduced about 20 years ago by the Macintosh GUI.