[X-Unix] re: quotas - My math stinks!

ecrist at secure-computing.net ecrist at secure-computing.net
Sat Jan 10 00:28:21 PST 2009

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 20:18:36 -0600, Charles Howse <chowse at charter.net>
wrote:
> It's actually quotacheck -a, and it returned no output.
>
> On Jan 9, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Eric F Crist wrote:
>
>> Try running, as root, checkquota -a

Sorry.  I screwed this one up bad.  I meant to say:

Try running, as root, quotacheck -av.  -a will not get you the errors I was
hoping to see.  -v will display these errors.  If you lived in Minneapolis,
and drank beer (obvious requirement), I'd be willing to come over and help
you out.  Otherwise, it's hard to diagnose exact problems.  Hints, which
I've provided many, are all I've got to offer.

Eric

P.S. (to entire list): I've got a wiki which was originally written for my
own edification, which has become surprising popular, which I recommend to
you.  Most of the content is directed at the FreeBSD and/or OpenVPN
community, but there's a little bit for everyone.  If I can add anything, I
like adding more content for folks who view my site.  I often learn a lot
from requests.  http://secure-computing.net/wiki for the address.