[X-Unix] Compile for PowerPC and Intel on Intel?

Alexandre Gauthier alex at underwares.org
Thu Jan 15 11:30:16 PST 2009

Le 09-01-15 à 13:54, TjL a écrit :

> Is it possible (and, if so, how) to compile programs like the GNU Core
> Utils or GNU Sed on an Intel Mac and end up with a "Universal" binary
> which will work on both PowerPC (i.e. my Powerbook) and an Intel (my
> MacBook)?

The apple branch of GCC has an easy -arch option for this, which can
be repeated.

For instance:

gcc -o program -arch i386 -arch ppc program.c

Will generate a universal binary. Using -arch i386 alone will make an
intel one, and -arch ppc, a PowerPC one.

Maybe this could be hacked in CFLAGS somewhere?

--
Alexandre Gauthier,
Network Analyst / Analyste Réseau