[X-Unix] Anybody still there?

Steve Morris barbershopsteve at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 18:50:09 PDT 2009

Until Mac Daddy's email I forgot this list existed and that I was on it.
Which reminds me of a UNIX question.  (smooth segue :)

What is the best way to install the FSF/Linux version of file and system
tools? I am tired of tar, top and find etc. not having those nice convenient
extensions. Why the heck is top's default sorting order pid anyway? Why do
they think it is called top?  I'm still on 10.4 if it makes a difference.