[X-Unix] Configure word characters for Terminal (List alive?)

Michael Ludwig michael.ludwig at xing.com
Tue Jan 19 10:39:50 PST 2010

Am 19.01.2010 um 19:27 schrieb Eric F Crist:

> On Jan 19, 2010, at 12:23:04, Michael Ludwig wrote:

>> Are there similar lists where I could reasonably expect
>> to get answers for questions such as how to configure
>> the Terminal application so that a double click on a
>> filesystem path or a URL marks the whole thing instead
>> of just one word? In other words, how can I configure
>> *word characters* for the Terminal application?
>
> This list is alive, it's just not very active.  Sort of like a hibernating bear. :)

Okay, I forgot we're in mid-January :-) Hungry?

> To answer your question, I'm not aware of anything like what you're asking.  I know URLs work, in part, when right-clicking.  I'm sure this can be done in the source, but there are no settings I'm aware of to configure this.

There's a description of the problem here:

http://www.ethereal.net/~tristan/osx/terminal.html

* Can't change cutchars [7]

Coming from Linux and Windows/Cygwin to apple land, I'm used
to be able to adapt this terminal property to my needs. But
maybe it's not possible in Terminal.app. Or is it?
--
Michael Ludwig