[X-Unix] ftp question

Russell McGaha russellmcgaha at mac.com
Tue Jun 1 13:52:33 PDT 2010

Folks;
	I'm trying to script an upload to a ftp site:
		I can log into the ftp site with the script, but I can't figure out how to upload the file.  Here's what I'm doing:
			ftp ftp;//username:password at ftpsite:21/path
			this gets me to the directory were I want to upload the file, and gets me an "ftp>" prompt.  I've tried passing a "-u /fullPathToLocalFile" on that same line with no luck.  I've also tried using "put /fullPathToLocalFile" on a new line, also without success.  WHAT am I doing wrong

Russell