[X-Unix] Hardware RAID Setup

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Wed May 12 12:07:26 PDT 2010

On 12 May 2010, at 19:36, Martin McCormick wrote:

> This is a new Mac Pro with a hardware RAID card. It came with 2
> 1 TB disks and I am trying to set them up as a raid 1 mirroring
> configuration.
>
> raidutil list raidsetinfo

What model of RAID card is it?

I haven't dealt with RAID on Macs, but I would have assumed the o/s-
shipped tools were for manipulating *software* RAID arrays, which are
supported on the built-in disk controllers without requiring a 3rd-
party expansion card.

I would have expected that one might need to install 3rd-party
drivers / userspace utilities in order to use the drives of a hardware
RAID card. However this would make booting from the RAID array, uh,
interesting, so maybe not.

Certainly more information about the make & model of hardware RAID
card would help.

Stroller.