[X-Unix] Hardware RAID Setup

Martin McCormick martin at x.it.okstate.edu
Wed May 12 12:33:03 PDT 2010

Stroller writes:
> What model of RAID card is it?

	It identifies itself as an appleraid card X raid device.
In case this sounds familiar to anyone, this card contains a
battery to keep the cache alive which gets exercised every 3
months. When the charge is low, the card shuts off the
write-through cache to guard against data loss if a power
failure was to occur. I don't see a model number in the output.
If you go to the diskutility, now, you see a 1 TB Apple Raid
Card Media header. Before I made the raidset, you saw 2 such
headers, one for each drive.