[X-Unix] How to *quietly* unarchive a .bz2 file?

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 03:04:51 PDT 2010

Isn't `tar xjf` synonymous with the `tar -x -j -f ` you quote from the original post?

Since Jerry demonstrates the error quoted, and Chris & Richard confirm bunzip2 installed on default installs of 10.5 and 10.6 (I can confirm the latter myself) I can only assume that Jerry may be running an o/s version as old as 10.4.

Stroller.