Issue with FreeHand MX and special characters

Barbara Alfors balfors at kaadesigngroup.com
Tue Aug 3 10:06:55 PDT 2004

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004  Brett Conlon <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

> In FHMX 11.0.2 special characters are being substituted, I believe at
> print stage. Examples of substitutions are copyright symbols becoming
> apostrophes, bullets become the Yen symbol, quotes just disappear and em
> dashes do something that I forget right now...(and no doubt there are
> other characters that substitute also).

We had a similar problem that was caused by people using Times New Roman (MS
font...), but I suspect your issue is not the same.  Still, if you could try
it out with a new test user that only has system fonts, that might be a
starting point.  Fonts sometimes get corrupted, and not all applications
seem to work with all fonts.

-Barbara