Mac OS X Digest #5020

invicta invicta at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 3 12:00:42 PDT 2004

> : On 8/2/04 9:26 PM, Eugene Lee <list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net> wrote:
> :
> : > iPhoto 4.0.2 ... provides notification when new versions
> : > of iPhoto are available.
> :
> : This is an odd feature addition. Doesn't Software Update already do
> this?
>
> I read this to mean that iPhoto itself will periodically check if there
> is a newer version available.  While this does and doesn't make sense
> (depending on whether you or Apple considers iPhoto to be a standalone
> app or a part of OS X), it can be useful for those who don't enable
> Software Update to automatically check for updates.
>

> --
> Eugene Lee

I have iPhoto 2.0 which came with OS X 10.3 and cannot be updated
because the update cannot find iPhoto 4 or higher. The update only
applies to iPhoto which is part of iLife. So it seems that I'm left out
and cannot update. This might also explain the absence of automatic
updates as it would not know if the update is applicable.

Greetings, Andre.