[X4U] os9 to osX migration for magazine

Lynne Culp lculp at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 3 17:38:11 PDT 2004

Last year was my 2nd year of high school yearbook production.  Because
of a grant, we switched all our eMacs to OSX Jaguar and InDesign.  We
basically did production on 8 machines, and the difference was night
and day.  We had almost no shutdowns the entire year, reserving most of
our problems for digital photo processing which was a high learning
curve for all of us.  But, I must say...25 kids put computers and OSX
through their paces.  End result was quite beautiful.  I learned a lot
about InDesign and building on PageMaker experience ... met my
deadlines (with the help of Visual QuickStart Guide).  IMHO there is no
comparison between production on 9 versus 10.  I kissed the computers
every Friday on my way out the door.