[X4U] DVD Recording problems

verduron verduron at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 08:50:29 PDT 2004

On Aug 6, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> Yes, verduron, give us more to work with in helping you.
> Tell us what sw you are using. Tell us what settings you used, what
> you did and what result you got. What worked and what didn't. Where
> did it go wrong? What dialogs did you receive?
>
> ps There are typically only 4.4GB useable disk space on the DVD
> itself. Are you trying to record more than that?

On my hard drive I have 18 GB of free space. The reason I mentioned
this is because I read somewhere it was important to have a fair amount
of free space while recording DVDs.
I am using Toast, latest version/update.
Each time I tried to record, the computer or the application froze. It
happened during the encoding.
In Toast I chose DVD recording. I drag the AUDIO files in the window.
Burnt at the proper speed. The right amount of data.
I am at this point recording Audio Files. I am basically putting
several CDs on a DVD.
G4 1.25 GMz  / 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.3.4