[X4U] DVD Recording problems

silvo conticello silvoc at tiscali.it
Fri Aug 6 09:33:25 PDT 2004

On 6 Aug 2004, at 16:50, verduron wrote:
> On my hard drive I have 18 GB of free space. The reason I mentioned
> this is because I read somewhere it was important to have a fair
> amount of free space while recording DVDs.
> I am using Toast, latest version/update.
> Each time I tried to record, the computer or the application froze. It
> happened during the encoding.
> In Toast I chose DVD recording. I drag the AUDIO files in the window.
> Burnt at the proper speed. The right amount of data.
> I am at this point recording Audio Files. I am basically putting
> several CDs on a DVD.
> G4 1.25 GMz  / 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM
> Mac OS X 10.3.4

I don't have experience with the latest Toast, but I had a problem
using Toast 5: after installing Toast5 I had installed the latest
update skipping an earlier one, and that made Toast completely useless
(and I've trashed few CD/DVD...). It took me a week before realizing
what the problem was.

Silvo
Silvo Conticello
Albook 17" 1.5GHz/1.5Gb RAM/80Gb HD/OS10.3.4
iMac 1GHz/500Mb Ram/80Gb HD/OS10.3.2/17" display
E-mail: silvoc at tiscali.it
Cambridge
UK