[X4U] DVD Recording problems

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Fri Aug 6 11:17:41 PDT 2004

verduron,
I suggest that you do some reading in Toast's online help docs. You are
asking for help that is readily available on your own system.
There you will see that video is for VIDEO. To play your DVD on your
home DVD player, you need to comply with the media requirements of that
DVD player. These should appear on the front of the unit, or at least
somewhere in its manual.
I think your best bet for audio files on a DVD to play in a home DVD
player is to convert your audio files, AIFF, etc, to high quality mp3s.
  iTunes-LAME is one such transcoder. Then you can burn a DVD as an mp3
disc in the audio pane.

On Aug 6, 2004, at 1:48 PM, verduron wrote:

> Some clarification:
> I would also like to play some of my music through the DVD player. The
> one attached to the television set. Then I have to burn the audio
> files into the Video Pane. That's where the encoding problems
> occurred.

> <x4u-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <x4u-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com