[X4U] Powerbook G4 1.33 GHz & CDW RAM

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Aug 8 00:58:03 PDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 07, 2004 at 03:23:35PM -0600, Nancy Spoolman wrote:
:
: We ordered a 512 MB Chip for my Powerbook G4, 1.33 GHz from CDW. I
: usually buy my personal RAM from Other World Computing and have never
: had a problem. However, our district seems to want to buy from CDW. I
: just installed the 2nd chip we received (first one locked the computer
: up) and this one locks up, also. It says it's a SimpleTech chip and
: that it's 2700 DDR for a Powerbook. Has anyone else experienced this
: with their Powerbook. I just wonder if it's not a proprietary thing and
: one has to put in Apple's RAM, which is far too expensive. I really
: need the extra RAM! It has 512, but I certainly could use some more.

All RAM is 3rd-party RAM.  Some RAM modules are more compliant to
Apple's standards than other RAM modules.  Just make sure that CDW
has a complete lifetime replacement warranty on your PowerBook's RAM.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/