[X4U] Problem w/ 10.3.5

Steven steven at sifre.nl
Tue Aug 10 04:36:28 PDT 2004

Eugene Lee wrote:<br>
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 06:21:41AM -0400, Tom Miller wrote:
> :
> : I rarely have problems updating my QS DP800, but yesterday everything on
> : my screen was locked except for my cursor. After waiting awhile, I shut
> : it down and restarted and it showed 10.3.5 so I figured all was okay.
> :
> : However, I can't launch many apps. Can't launch Safari, Disk Utility,
> : PowerMail or Mail. Can launch some others like OmniWeb. Used TinkerTool
> : System to run maintenance and repair permissions and ran DiskWarrior from
> : the CD, but no help.
> :
> : Software Update shows that my system is up-to-date. Any ideas?
>
> Any error messages in Console?
>
> Without more information, create another user, log in as said new user,
> and see if the same apps still fail to run.  Another shot in the dark:
> download and apply the full-sized 10.3.5 Combo Updater.

Another guess: I have had the same apps fail to launch at some time:
Safari, Disk Utility, Address book, Mail etc. I found out that
deleteling caches in "/Library/Caches/com.apple.ATS" and restrating
would solve the problem. But after a restart the problem would
re-appear. After disabling some fonts (duplicats), maybe corrupted
ones(?) the problem was fixed.

Maybe it is worth a try to delete te font caches and see if it makes a
difference.

Steven