[X4U] panther 10.3.5

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Aug 10 21:14:54 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 08:26:50PM -0700, James S Jones wrote:
:
: On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that files
: specific to supporting the G5 are not installed on an iMac G3.

I dunno.  It's certainly possible that Apple may choose to install
CPU-specific binaries.  But this doesn't explain how some Mac owners,
who upgrade their CPU from a G3 to a G4, suddently get OS X to run at
G4-optimized speed when their Mac which should only have G3 binaries.
Maybe Apple installs everything, then OS X autodetects and autoruns
the most optimal binaries.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/