USB Hub Problem

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Thu Aug 12 15:12:04 PDT 2004

 I am running Panther 10.3.4 -  and it seems as though often my belkin USB
powered four-port hub -  seems to get screwed up and will not recognize my
current connections. ( Basically a scanner - key dongle - midi interface...)

Sometimes, I can yank the connection to the computer and the power -  wait
30 seconds -  then put things back -  and it will reset correctly ... But
other times and even this doesn't work ... And even sometimes we booting the
computer doesn't seem to work either ...

q:  is there some way to reset the USB connections with software? Also - why
is this happening? Has this happened to anybody else?

-  I do need the four-port hub - since the Mac does not have enough by
itself...

Any help would be appreciated - RevDave

--
Thanks - RevDave