[X4U] CD will not show on desktop

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Fri Aug 13 10:37:42 PDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:13:59PM -0400, Samantha Cornell wrote:
:
: I recently received a CDR with photos from my wedding on it.
: Unfortunately, I cannot seem to get the CD to show up on my desktop, or
: in the finder.  It is a PC CD, but that shouldn't be a problem, I have
: used those a number of times in the past.
:
: I am able to see the CD in Disk Utility, so I know that the Mac (iMac
: G4 1 GHz - OS X 10.3.4) know that it is there.
:
: I have tried restarting, logging on as a different user, relaunching
: the finder, and zapping the PRAM, all unsuccessfully.
:
: Has anyone encountered this in the past? I get CDs of photos all the
: time (I do graphic design for realtors), and have never encountered
: this.

Can you get the CD to mount on a Windoze machine?  If you cannot, maybe
the CD media itself is corrupted or damaged.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/