[X4U] strange authentication

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Thu Dec 2 09:23:34 PST 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 5:39 PM, Steve Martin wrote:

> Use Disk Utility to repair permissions.
>
> Then reboot (shouldn't really be necessary) and see if all is back to
> normal.

That fixed it. I was surprised by the log because I expected something
more silent. On the contrary, some stuff had as owner user 501 (me)
instead of 0 (root), there were permissions corrected in /Developer,
/usr/lib, /usr, /Library/Application Support, ....

Thank you very much!

-- fxn

PS: Gimp.app does not launch, so that might be unrelated.