[X4U] Updating Quark Express 6

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Mon Dec 6 07:18:05 PST 2004

On Monday, December 06, 2004, at 01:14AM, Frank Isackson <fisackson at earthlink.net> wrote:

>There seems to be little in a friend's life as painful as updating her
>copy of Quark Express 6.0 to 6.1 and subsequently 6.5. Every attempt
>(and there have been several) to accomplish the first step stops about
>90% with a message that the update could not be completed owing to an
>error associated with "Table Insert."
>
>Her system is a 400 MHz G3; OSX 10.3.6; 512 MB RAM.
>
>Anybody out there with a solution?

How was the updater unstuffed? If your friend was/is using Stuffit Expander 8.0.x have them upgrade to 9.0.1. I just went through this with unrelated (to Quark) apps not installing/launching properly. There is a known bug in Stuffit Expander 8 that was supposed to be cured by the 8.01 release, but it still bit me with 8.0.2. I upgraded to 9.0.1, re-unstuffed the files and all was well.

Good luck,
--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com