[X4U] Preview App, help

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Dec 6 14:51:21 PST 2004

Hi,

I made the same decision some time back but keep finding myself dragging
PDF's to Acrobat so that I can edit or do other tricky things with them.

Anyway, to do it you select the PDF in the Finder and choose Get Info.
Then turn down the "Open with" tab and choose Preview. Then hit the
[Change all] button and you're set.

Also, in the earlier version of Acrobat (6.0) it took an inordinate amount
of time to load. If you upgrade to 6.0.2 you'll find the loadup time is
significantly faster. Not quite as fast as Preview still but the change
may be significant enough to make you want to stay.

Cheers,

Cojcolds

Andy Hannen <andy.hannen at virgin.net>

Hi
How do I set Preview to be the default application for opening .PDF files?
After choosing "Yes" for Acrobat to be the default app I now find it takes
an age for Acrobat to load before I can "quickly glance at a document"

Andy