[X4U] Networking to Linux

Philip J Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Tue Dec 7 15:13:18 PST 2004

On Dec 7, 2004, at 2:22 PM, Richard Gilmore wrote:

> Is an IDE controller a card? Is it easy to change?

Sorry, I assumed that since you were playing with Linux that you were
familiar with PC hardware.

Yes, I'm referring to getting a new IDE hard disk controller card.
Adding a new card is trivial - assuming that your PC uses PCI
slots/cards. If it doesn't I wouldn't bother upgrading. Just make sure
that the new card says that it supports hard disks greater than 128GB
in size.

Most modern versions of Linux should find a new controller
automatically, though some may need some options to be passed at boot
time.

Phil