[X4U] Forward delete on powerbook

Michel Treisman treisman at psy.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 8 08:15:18 PST 2004

On 8 Dec, 2004, at 2:28, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

>> I'm in a strictly all-powerbook office and am sorely missing a
>> forward delete key like full size keyboards have.
>>
>> In OS 9 there was a shareware utility for powerbooks that let you
>> press Shift-Delete to effect a forward delete. I can't find one for
>> OS X. Anyone know of one?

You want to forward delete a word at a time?  If you use Word, you
could use a macro
I wrote for that purpose.  I assigned it to the key combination
Ctrl-Delete, but I expect you could assign
it to shift delete if you prefer.  it goes

Shift-Option-End

First put the cursor at the beginning of the word to be deleted.
Mike