[X4U] HP printer scam

Jim Freeman jpfreeman at mac.com
Sat Dec 11 18:21:29 PST 2004

Well, my HP 970 cs has finally got me. I got tired of paying for
expensive ink, so I started buying generic black ink and stopped buying
color ink entirely. All I care about is printing black and white text
documents anyway. Well now it won't print my black and white text
documents because it says the color ink cartridge is out of ink!!

Does anyone know of a work around? I tend to upgrade everything
whenever possible so I'm running X 10.3.6 with whatever HP driver that
comes with. What kills me is that earlier drivers came with a draft
printing option and an option to print in black and white. Neither of
those options are available now What a scam!

Thanks for listening and for any suggestions.

Jim