[X4U] 10.3.7 available via Software Update

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Wed Dec 15 16:40:28 PST 2004

On Dec 15, 2004, at 6:04 PM, Kansas Territory wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2004, at 5:38 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>> "If you have a third-party FireWire hard drive connected, turn it off
>> and
>> disconnect it before installing this update. Reconnect it and turn it
>> back
>> on after installation is complete and you've restarted."
>>
>> Is this kind of warning normal?  I'm I the only one that finds this
>> more
>> than a little frightening?  I think I'll be holding off on updating...
>
> yea.. that bothered me a bit as well..   I'll give it a few days
> myself.

I updated just fine. I did unplug my firewire drive first. However, I
did not unplug my hard drive on the 10.3.6 update and that went fine
also.

I think they are recommending it special this time because this update
specifically addresses firewire hard drive issues that were introduced
in 10.3.6, and there may be something that 'touches' the firewire port
on the install/reboot sequence.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com