[X4U] Exchanging files between 2 Books wirelessly

Judi Sohn momathome at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 06:31:00 PST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:41:57 +0800, Mark Philip
<markphilip at christian.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using a PowerBook Pismo G3 400 with Airport card and another friend
> has a iBook G3 800 with Airport card. Both units are using Panther OS.
> Is it possible to share files via wireless? My friend's place does not
> have internet connectivity, so apart from using a crossover cable, I
> thought it might be possible to share files wirelessly. What do I need
> to do to get this going?

Sure, just create a computer to computer network.

Select "Create Network..." from the Airport menu (in the menu bar),
give it a name. Then from the other computer, select that network,
enable file sharing on both computers and you're all set.

Judi Sohn, judi at momathome.com
Mom at Home Design, http://www.momathome.com
AIM: JudiS217