[X4U] Speeding Up OS 10.3 (TiBook)

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Dec 17 13:56:08 PST 2004

phil at phildorsett.com said:

>My GF says that her TiBook (OS 10.3) has been running slow lately.  I'm
>repairing disk permissions, but what else can I do to speed it up other
>than adding RAM and whatnot?

Do all of the routine maintenance explained at:

OS X Routine Maintenance and Generic Troubleshooting
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html

>She has 7 GB of HD space free, so I doubt
>that's the problem.

And yet, if her drive is, or has been, close to 80% full, it may indeed
be the problem.  Her drive may have plenty of free space, but not enough
free contiguous space.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html