[X4U] 10.3.7 available via Software Update

Judi Sohn momathome at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 04:30:35 PST 2004

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:28:31 -0600, Michael Elliott
<michaelelliott at mac.com> wrote:
> <sigh>  I applied the update, and now I can't launch System
> Preferences, despite repairing the volumes ahead of time, running
> permissions, rebooting, etc.
>
> I get a crash-on-launch of System Preferences every time now.

Did you have any 3rd party prefs installed? (such as the dreaded
Application Enhancer thing from Unsanity, Synergy, USB Overdrive,
etc.) If so, then look in Library/PreferencePanes (both root and Home)
and drag anything there to the desktop, restart and try again.

You might also try dumping com.apple.systempreferences.plist from
~/Library/Preferences and see if that helps.

Judi Sohn, judi at momathome.com
Mom at Home Design, http://www.momathome.com
AIM: JudiS217