[X4U] a powerbook and home

Kevin Lee Allen klad at klad.com
Mon Dec 20 14:29:08 PST 2004

I am expecting a new powerbook, I am sure my questions have been=20
addressed, but I could not find specifics in the archives.

here goes. I basically want to move my home directory from my desktop=20
to my laptop. I assume I can copy away and set things up tweaking each=20=

step, but is thee an automated way to do this? I am looking to use the=20=

laptop as my primary web tool, so I want all of my permissions,=20
bookmarks and passwords to migrate nicely.

This is specifically true of my iTunes music which i currently have on=20=

several systems, i would like to move these files, without re-importing=20=

from the CDs

I would also like to set up[ a virtual ID for my wife. I think I need=20
to do this via .Mac, but I would like her to be able to use her desktop=20=

as a primary system, but have her e-mail and bookmarks mirrored on the=20=

PB.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcomed.

-----
Kevin Lee Allen