[X4U] readying iMacs for sale

Jeff Carruthers jeff at carruthers.com
Thu Dec 23 11:29:11 PST 2004

Mary: best thing to do would be to wipe the internal hard drive clean
(so your own info is harder to access) and then reinstall the basic OSX
package, so that everything is there and workable.

 From a licensing point of view, you could reinstall OS 9.2.2 and 10.1.5
and provide the disks with the iMacs. The purchaser could then decide
whether to upgrade to Panther.

The iMacs are still usable machines, although I'm not sure what you'd
get for them (any views?) -- maybe $300 or $400 at most.

We've passed on our older Macs to family and friends, which has the
added benefit of broadening the Apple circle. Subsequently, a number of
the friends have then decided to upgrade to newer Macs, when their own
needs grow.

Jeff