[X4U] OSX 10.3 install fails on disk 2

Philip J Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Fri Dec 24 00:07:33 PST 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 10:59 PM, Thubten Kunga wrote:

> Yeah buy her a new iBook for $799 in the refurb department. Or spend
> $200 more for the 1.2 GHz model with AirPort Extreme included. $999.
> NEW.

While I think that the refurb. iBook are a great deal ...

>> This is a Pismo, 400mhz, 11.2G HD, 192MB.
> That thing is really old. Lots of problems with 10.3.7, even 10.3.5 on
> old Macs. We couldn't even get beyond 10.3.0 on a 400 MHz G4 Tower at
> the Senior Center last week.

It's not clear whether you're saying that you've had lots of problems
with a couple of older Macs running newer OS's or whether there's lots
of problems with this in general. Whichever, my experience runs counter
to yours. My friend runs 10.3.7 on a Pismo and a lab of older Macs with
no problems. 10.3.7 runs fine on my 400 MHz AGP G4. I expect new
releases for the foreseeable future to also work.

Phil