[X4U] CDROM not recognized?

Rad Craig rad at inductionconcepts.com
Fri Dec 24 07:51:14 PST 2004

I'm setting up a Pismo for my little sis for xmas.  I started with a
fresh format, installed X.3, did all the software updates and last
night went to install some other apps on it and no matter what I put in
the CDROM, it wouldn't read the disk, mount it or otherwise recognize
that there was a disc in the drive.  I tried all these CDs on another
Pismo, worked fine.

I repaired permissions and the only error or message it shows is
something about cd9660.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?  I have to have it finished
tonight.  Thanks a bunch and happy holidays.

Rad...