[X4U] iPod, PC, & FW or USB 2.0

Spoolman Nancy nanc at spoolman.com
Sun Dec 26 14:47:47 PST 2004

Thanks for the reponse, Phil. No, the firewire card did not have an
adapter to  connect. Never heard of it. However, my son went and bought
a USB card from Best Buy today. Unfortunately, it still says there is
no iPod connected in the iPod preferences. When he goes to Control
Panel/System/Hardware/Device manager, it shows the firewire card and
USB card. The iPod says do not disconnect and Corey clicks on the icon
at the bottom (strip or whatever that says "Click here to safely remove
your device"). He stops the iPod and it shows the name of the iPod,
Apple iPod USB device, etc. He then ejects it. It just does not power
iTunes up to transfer the songs. I'm beginning to wonder if there is
some bios messed up or something. I don't know enough about PC's, but I
work with two other guys and he's called them. Hopefully one will
return the call and they can figure it out. He's anxious to test out
the iPod. Can't say I blame him! Oh well, at least he has a 2.0 USB and
firewire now!  :)