[X4U] Recommendation for SuperDrive replacement?

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Mon Dec 27 07:53:10 PST 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 7:59 PM, joshua hough wrote:

> I have a SuperDrive in my G4 MDD dual 1.25 (purchased January 2003 from
> Apple).  The drive is from Hitachi and has buffer underrun prevention.
> Recently I cannot burn a single clean CD or DVD.  I have tested many
> of my
> iTunes CDs in a variety of players and they either don't play, or quit
> halfway through.  I burn DVDs in Roxio Toast.  These always fail
> partway
> through Toast's post-burn verification step.  They play in a home DVD
> player, but with frequent interruptions of picture scrambling.

For some CD/DVD burners, there is a necessary firmware upgrade required
to use selected media. I would begin checking the firmware specs of
your device and visit the Apple support site for more information.

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210