[X4U] iPod, PC, & FW or USB 2.0

Spoolman Nancy nanc at spoolman.com
Tue Dec 28 10:44:35 PST 2004

I just wanted everyone to know that the issue with the newer iPods and
PC's can be (for the most part) resolved by buying an Adaptec 4300
Firewire card. Infact, it's recommended for iPods right on the
packaging. I installed it on the PC, booted, the iPod reformat window
appeared and we were off. Took about 20 minutes to copy the 803 songs
he had.

So, if anyone has a PC and are trying to get their iPod to work, buy
the Adaptec 4300 firewire card before you try anything else. It seems
even the USB 2.0 cards are flakey.

Nanc

"Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks UP!"